Pasta is an easy and comforting meal. This one can be pulled together in under 30 minutes with pesto from the refrigerated section of the grocery or for a really fresh version, you can make your own. Enjoy!
Easy Pesto Pasta makes a great lunch or dinner in a flash.
Author: Pinot & Pie
Recipe type: Pasta
- 6 oz. pasta (shells or penne work well)
- ⅓ cup basil pesto (short cut: use pesto from the refrigerated section at the grocery)
- ¼ cut Kalamata olives (pitted and halved)
- ⅓ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- grated parmesan cheese, optional
- fresh basil for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water as directed on package.
- Drain pasta.
- Stir in pesto until evenly distributed.
- Add tomatoes and olives. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan (optional).
By using a high quality, pre-prepared pesto, this pasta can be ready in under 30 minutes.