A sunset scene in my upcoming novel, Royally Deceived, inspired this refreshing drink with tequila, pineapple orange juice, agave nectar, and grenadine.
The scene is set on a fictitious island in the Mediterranean Sea. Take a sip, close your eyes, and imagine your on the beach in Catalinius.
Catalinius Sunset Cocktails
This smooth drink will remind you of a beautiful island sunset.
Author: Pinot & Pie
Recipe type: Cocktail
- 3 oz. tequila
- 3 oz. pineapple orange juice
- 1 oz. agave nectar
- ½ oz. grenadine
- pineapple chunks, orange slices, and cherries for garnish (optional)
- Combine tequila, pineapple orange juice, and agave nectar in a small pitcher. Stir until well mixed.
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Pour tequila mixture into glasses.
- Hold a spoon over the top of the glass with the back of the spoon facing upward. Slowly pour half of the grenadine over the back of the spoon. Repeat for the second glass. The grenadine will gradually sink to the bottom of the glass forming appearance of a sunset.
- Garnish with pineapple chunks, orange slices, and cherries, as desired.