1 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup water
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
- Place a pizza stone in the oven. Preheat the oven and stone to 450 degrees.
- In a small food processor, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pulse to combine.
- Add olive oil, honey and 1/4 cup water.
- Pulse to combine. Do not overmix.
- If necessary, add water (1 Tbsp. at a time) and pulse until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from the food processor.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to form a thin crust. It should be about 12 inches in diameter, if you opt for the traditional circular shape. If you don’t have a round pizza stone, you can roll the dough into a rectangular shape and use a cookie sheet.
- If the dough springs back when you try to roll it, let it rest 10 minutes and then roll out the dough.
- Bake the crust for 3 minutes before topping.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Immediately top the crust with your favorite sauce and toppings. We love this crust topped with a thin layer of béchamel sauce, pre-cooked sliced potatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, caramelized onions, and mozzarella!
- Bake the pizza for 7-10 minutes until the crust of golden brown (gently lift the edge of the pizza to look at the underside)
© 2013 FoodieOasis